If the thought of hunting game excites you, book a guided hunt for the time of your life, especially if you are new to hunting. Even if you have hunted squirrel, deer, or some other species, different challenges await with each type of animal. What to hunt, when and where to hunt, and what type of equipment you need for each type of hunt are common questions you might have if you are looking for a new adventure. A guided hunt, a hunting trip that takes you into a specific area to kill a particular type of animal during the appropriate hunting season, is an excellent way to learn the ropes of your new sport.
What Does a Guided Hunt Offer you?
Comparable to a safari for hunting game in Africa or other foreign lands, a guided hunt is an organized trip that usually involves a group of hunters who travel to a destination and bunk or camp together. The actual hunting itself is generally set at a ratio of 2 hunters to 1 guide or 1:1. Working with a guide and a reputable company helps hunters learn all they need to know to get started. With modern technology, you as a new hunter could conceivably get up to speed with everything you need to know about planning a trip to hunt game through word-of-mouth, YouTube videos, and the Internet, but choosing an organized trip rather than a do-it-yourself adventure with a buddy can save you time and even money.
While a guided hunt is considerably more expensive than organizing the whole adventure by yourself, you will benefit from the experience of the company, who will suggest:
- Where to go to hunt specific types of animals. A company has a good understanding of where certain game is prevalent and organizes trips to these areas.
- When the hunting season is. The company books trips based on when it is legal to hunt animals in different areas.
- What the procedure is. For big game, you typically need to purchase a tag in addition to a hunting license. The tags can be hard to get or be limited to a specific area.
- What to take with you. The hunting company can direct https://reelammunition.com/product/armscor-45-long-colt-255-grain-lrn-1000-rounds/ you toward the best weapon and advise you what you will need to have with you on the trip. Outfitting is expensive, but working with a guiding company can help you make good equipment choices.
- Where you’ll stay. Your trip package will include food and lodging in a beautiful area. The accommodations vary from rustic to luxurious. When your hunting is done for the day, you have a place to go and relax with people that are likely to become lifelong friends.
What to Expect from a Guided Hunt
Having a guide or going on a guided hunt does not ensure that you will come home with game. Some new hunters of elk and moose, for example, may not successfully kill their prey for a couple of years, until they learn more about the ways of species. You may decide to change or upgrade the gun you bought as you develop a preference for what you like. A guide will offer good advice, help you plan a strategy, point you to the right spots, and offer you tips on things such as where to get your kill processed if you are successful. Much of the fun of hunting is in the process, which a guide will help you learn.